Search McConkie Menu

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Chicken Spaghetti


This is another recipe I got over @ the Pioneer Woman's blog. I have made this one a number of times because it goes really far, and when you are feeding a lot of people its a rather cheap one to make. I also like this one because I can put it in 2 8x8 inch pans and freeze one for later use. Its been nice when I have had to be out of town but still want Greg to eat real food! I made it for my brother Sam, & my parents when I was in South Carolina in April, and there weren't any leftovers, so I think they liked it! I only change a few things from the original recipe, but you can go to her link if you want to see exactly how she does it.


Chicken Spaghetti
from Pioneer Woman cooks

2 Cups Chicken, cooked and cubed
2 Can's Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 Cups Cheddar Cheese, grated
1/2 Cup Green Peppers, finely diced
1/2 Cup Onion, finely diced
1, 4 oz. Jar Diced Pimento's, drained
3 Cups Dry Spaghetti, Broken into 2 inch pieces
2 Cups Reserved Chicken Broth from the pot
1 tsp. Lawry's Seasoned Salt
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Additional Cup Cheddar Cheese. grated

Cook Chicken in boiling water (I like to throw in a small boullion cube to add a little flavor) and cut up to make approx. 2 cups worth of meat. Cook spaghetti in same water you cooked your chicken in. DO NOT overcook the pasta. You want it al dente for this recipe. When spaghetti is cooked, drain it and add it to the rest of the ingredients, except additional cup of cheese.

Place mixture in 9x13 inch casserole pan and cover with remaining cheese. Bake @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes. If the cheese looks like it is getting too cooked, you can cover it with foil for the last little bit of cooking. Let sit for a few minutes before serving.


5 comments:

  1. Very cool. I've never had chicken spaghetti before. Might just have to try this one out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made this for us, Yes? Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is weird. I don't remember seeing this recipe and I made one 2 weeks ago almost identical to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is weird. I don't remember seeing this recipe and I made one 2 weeks ago almost identical to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny. I haven't made it sine I posted the recipe back in August, but its super easy and great to freeze.

    ReplyDelete