Simple Italian casserole dish!
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 cup onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (32 ounce) meatless spaghetti sauce
1 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 (16 oz.) package ziti pasta, cooked and drained
2 (8 oz) cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet, cook ground beef, onions, and garlic over medium-high heat for about 8 minutes or until beef is browned; stirring frequently.
3. Stir in spaghetti sauce, chicken broth, and oregano.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Stir 1 cup of the sauce into the cooked ziti noodles.
6. Spoon 1/2 of the ziti mixture into a 13 X 9 X 2 inch baking dish.
7. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
8. Top with 2 cups sauce, then remaining ziti mixture and remaining sauce.
9. Cover and bake 20 minutes.
10. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
11. Return to oven and bake uncovered for 10 minutes or until heated through.