(Self taught in the art of proper Oreo consumption)
This is a recipe that I love to make and seriously is enjoyed by all! Its a perfect little treat to take to people as well. The best part...
IT SO EASY!!! Delicious and Easy? Can it get any better??? I submit that it cannot! :)
(Originally found over @ Kraft Food & Family)
1 Package Oreo Cookies, crushed finely (use the cookie and the cream)
1 8 oz. Package Cream Cheese, softened
White Chocolate Bark
1. Finely crush 4 cookies and reserve for later. (original recipe calls for 7. You don't need 7!)
2. Crush remaining cookies and mix in Cream Cheese. (I use the back of a large spoon for this step...Alison just uses her Kitchenaid.)
3. Roll the mixture into 1" inch balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
4. Melt chocolate according to package directions & then dip Oreo balls in chocolate. Tap off excess chocolate and place back on Cookie sheet. Before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle crushed crumbs on top of truffle (not a necessary step, but I think they look better with the crumbs on top).
5. Once they have dried, refrigerate and ENJOY!! (And trust me, you will enjoy!)
I think I will go eat some of my holiday Oreo's now...
* I like to place the whole cookie sheet in the freezer for about an hour, or in the fridge for a few hours before I try and dip them in the hot chocolate. It makes them a lot easier to work with!