Search McConkie Menu

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Play Dough

This is moms play dough recipe and my kids love it! I remember helping mom make this when we were little. My kids and I made a batch this morning. It is so easy and creates hours of creativity and fun.

Play Dough

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 TBSP cream of tarter

1 cup water
1 TBSP vegetable oil
food coloring

Combine the dry ingredients together in bowl. Combine liquid ingredients in 2nd bowl. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir out the lumps. Bake in skillet on stove over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Cool on counter or table. Knead. Store in plastic bag.

3 comments:

  1. Cool. I needed this one... but I probably wont make it until my kids stops tasting everything she sees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved making playdough when I was little. How much will this recipe make? One ball for one child?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, perhaps you should make it and let Addie taste test it for you. That might get her to stop tasting everything! It's non toxic but oh so disgusting with all that salt!

    Mari, yup one ball the size of the ones pictured above. :)

    ReplyDelete