Search McConkie Menu

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Roasted Broccoli

We love Broccoli, but its always nice to switch it up a bit and try new things. After having Marijke's roasted asparagus about 7 times I decided to roast some broccoli. I did it once last Fall but the recipe was too intense... about 10 different spices. So this time around I simplified and tried something easier.



Roasted Broccoli

3 Heads Broccoli
3 TBSP. Olive Oil
Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
Fresh Shaved Parmesan
1 Lemon, juice of (I ended up using about 3/4 of the juice and could have used half)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Trim about one inch off the ends of the broccoli & cut into florets.  Arrange the broccoli on a nonstick cookie sheet covered in parchment paper, drizzle with some olive oil and season with a little bit of salt and freshly ground black pepper.  Toss to coat evenly.  Transfer to the oven and roast for 10 minutes.  Remove the broccoli from the oven and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top and bake until the cheese melts and forms a crisp shell over the broccoli (about 5 minutes). When broccoli is slightly toasted, remove and sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve hot.


2 comments:

  1. I swear you think up more creative ways to cook than I could ever imagine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use these same ingredients for broccoli, but on steamed broccoli. I'll have to try it baked! The only thing I do different is put the lemon juice on before cooking it. For some reason it makes the broccoli loose its green color-more brown. I like the flavor of the lemon baked in.

    ReplyDelete