Search McConkie Menu

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Spicy Shredded Pork

This is another recipe I saw over on PW Cooks. I found a pork shoulder on sale and thought I might as well try it out. I liked it, but Greg really liked it. PW recommends making it in a Le creuset dutch oven, but since we don't have one, I used my crock pot. It worked just fine, but I think it lost some of the flavor. If I were to make it again, I would double the sauce. You could also use the leftover pork for these enchilada's.

Spicy Shredded Pork

4-7 Pound Pork Shoulder, rinsed (I used a 4 pounder and it made TONS!)
1 Onion
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
3-4 Garlic Cloves
1 tsp. Dried Oregano
1 tsp. Ground Cumin
1-2 TBSP Salt
Pepper, to taste
1-2 TBSP Olive Oil
2-3 TBSP White Wine Vinegar

Mix all ingredients in a food processor and blend until very combined. Pour over pork shoulder and rub into all the crevices. Place pork in crock pot and cook on high heat for approx. 6 hours (this will vary depending on the size of the pork shoulder and the heat of your crock pot). When pork is cooked through, shred and put back into crock pot to reheat in the juices.

~SERVE WITH~
Lime Wedges
Cheese, Shredded
Tortilla's
Sour Cream
Pico De Gallo/Salsa
Avocado



2 comments:

  1. I think this one would go over really well at our house! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a yummy mix of flavors. I'll have to make this for Rich soon.

    ReplyDelete