Search McConkie Menu

Monday, October 12, 2009

Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy Cookies



I found this recipe in a little Betty Crocker book I bought in the Target 1$ section. Go figure! I made them last night and thought they turned out pretty good. They are very chewy and peanut butter filled. I might add a handful of chocolate chips next time... but if you love peanut butter, than you will enjoy these little treats. I love how festive they look... a perfect Fall treat to take to your friends and neighbors!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy Cookies

1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1/2 Cup Butter or margarine, softened
1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 Egg
1 1/4 Cups Flour
1/4 Cup Baking Cocoa
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 Cup Reeses Pieces Peanut Butter Candies

Heat oven to 350 Degrees. Lightly grease or line baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a large mixing bowl, beat sugars and butter with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in peanut butter, vanilla, and egg. Mix in flour, cocoa, baking soda & salt. Stir in the candy pieces by hand. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet.

Bake for 9-12 minutes or until edges are set (centers should be soft). Cool 1 minute, remove from cookie sheet and transfer to cooling rack. Cool completely before eating.

6 comments:

  1. These little cookies look sooooo tasty! I think I'll make them tonight. Annalisa, we really miss you guys, please move to Texas in 3 years, we'll save a spot for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! I just copied them down to make right now... well as soon as the butter softens. :) Taking them to neighbors tonight...if my kiddos don't eat them all. Thanks Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are great! Very creamy texture, with the right mixture of chocolate and peanut butter. I can't wait to make them with Reese's Pieces. ("Had to" make them tonight, and all I had on hand was chocolate chips.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Reese's Pieces, I'll have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. btw, where did you get that table clothe? It matches perfectly and looks really cute.

    ReplyDelete