Search McConkie Menu

Monday, October 26, 2009

Fudgy Brownie Cookie's


After church yesterday, I decided to take a good long nap. It was wonderful, except that when I woke up I remembered that I was supposed to take treats to a church function that night. I was the only one taking treats actually. So, I rummaged through my cupboard until I found a few easy things that I thought would work, & these little brownie cookies were born. Originally, I was planning on them being more like homemade Oreo's, but the batter only made 20 cookies, which would have been 10 Oreo's. That just wouldn't do, especially since I was feeding a bunch of teenagers who inhale chocolate. I ended up using a pastry bag and plopping a little cream cheese frosting on top, and adding some Halloween jimmie's to give them a little color. Next time, I think I will actually make the Oreo version and turn them into cute little Halloween spiders.


Fudgy Brownie Cookies

1 (19 oz.) Box Brownie Mix
1 Egg
2 TBSP Water
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil

Mix all ingredients until well blended and soft dough forms. Place small, rounded tablespoon size balls on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes @ 375 degrees. Cool completely and frost, or eat plain.

2 comments:

  1. These sure look delicious!! I want some right now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnaLisa (I'm sure I didn't spell that right):

    Kristin, Patten, and I made these cookies on Sunday. They were delicious. And, we found that putting them in a tupperwear container overnight (we had left overs) made them even better - really soft.

    That's all.

    ReplyDelete