Search McConkie Menu

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sweet Potato Casserole




I made this for our Thanksgiving dinner Emily and Spencer kindly hosted on Sunday. I thought I'd post this if anyone was interested in knowing.

To make the caramel sauce mix in a saucepan on low to medium heat until thick:

1 stick butter
1 C brown sugar
3/4 C canned evaporated milk



Casserole:
2 large cans (29 oz.) of sweet potatoes/yams or you can boil your own yams
1 bag mini-marshmallows (I only had large marshmallows when I made the casserole in the pics, they don't work as well but still taste good)

Spray a 9X13 pan with spray oil. Pour cans of sweet potatoes/yams, drained, into pan (or cut up the boiled yams, if you prefer). Pour caramel sauce over sweet potatoes, cover, and bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Take out of oven and sprinkle marshmallows to cover. Bake uncovered until toasted and golden brown--no more than 5 minutes at the most. Watch carefully so they don't liquefy.

1 comment:

  1. I love sweet potatoes....maybe my favorite vegetable. This looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete