These things are rich! Be warned, if you make them, you will need to give most of them away or you might go into a sugar coma. I got the recipe over at Real Mom Kitchen. I came across this blog a while back and have really enjoyed everything I have made from it. I did have to make some slight adjustments, but these brownies still tasted awesome! Make sure you give them enough time to cool, or you will find yourself cutting into a warm, gooey mess. And again, daylight was quickly fading, so forgive the picture. RMK has a better one on her site.
Over The Top Brownies
adapted from realmomkitchen
1 Pouch (1 lb. 1.5 oz) Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
2 TBSP Cocoa
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 TBSP Water
1 Package 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 Cup butter, softened
2 TBSP Flour
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 Cup Chopped Pecans (optional)
1 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 Cups Marshmallows
1/4 Cup Butter
1/8 Cup Cocoa
2 1/2 TBSP Milk
1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. In a large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients together until smooth. Press dough into the bottom of prepared pan, and set aside.
2. In another bowl, with an electric mixer, mix together the cream cheese filling, adding pecans last (if using). Spread over cookie dough base and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
3. Bake 26 to 28 minutes, or until filling appears to have set. Sprinkle evenly with marshmallows, and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes (watching so as not to burn the mallows). Remove to cooling rack and cool for approx. 30 minutes.
4. In saucepan melt 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Stir in the cocoas and milk. Heat until mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat. With wire whisk, gradually stir in vanilla and powdered sugar until well incorporated. Immediately drizzle over brownies.
5. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (longer if possible) until chilled. Cut bars into 6 rows by 4 rows. Enjoy.