Search McConkie Menu

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ritzy Chicken

I got this recipe from our old stake presidents wife, Candy. It's a hit at our house.

Ritzy Chicken
1 cup sour cream
2 TBSP lemon juice
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp celery salt
1 tsp paprika
2 cloves garlic, minced - one large may be ample
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
5 whole chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)

1 1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers - (1 roll works great for 5 breasts)
1/2 cup butter
2 TBSP poppy seeds

Combine the first eight ingredients in a container suitable for marinating. Add chicken breasts and marinate refrigerated overnight. Remove the coated chicken from mixture and roll in cracker crumb & poppy seeds mixture. Arrange in a single layer in a 9X13 pan or on a heavy duty cookie sheet. Melt butter and pour over the chicken. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

You're going to love this one!

6 comments:

  1. One added comment on this chicken is that you will want to add the poppy seeds about 15 minutes before you finish cooking the chicken! I just drizzle the butter all over the chicken when I put it in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in a cooking slump...ie nothing sounds good! So I am looking at your delish pics to get me excited again! First on the list "Ritzy Chicken!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember having this at the Flittons' house, or was it the Powell's?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa McConkie gave me this recipe. I haven't made it for a long time. I've never eaten the chicken but I used the sort of sauce on rice and it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this recipe! I could eat it once a week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum it sound like something my mom used to make but you use cut up chicken breast cooked then a can of cream of chicken and some poppy seeds mix it together put it in a baking dish with crushed Ritz on top then pour on the butter and bake :)it was my favorite as a kid!

    ReplyDelete