Search McConkie Menu

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Maple Pecan Butter


I made up this maple pecan butter the other night when we were having sweet potatoes. I had remembered having something similar @ a friends house once, so right as the sweet potatoes were coming out of the oven, I threw this together. It turned out delicious! If you were to use this on a bread, I would leave out the nuts and the flour, but for the sweet potatoes, it was perfect!
Maple Pecan Butter

1/2 Cup Butter, softened
1/4 - 1/3 Cup Flour
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
1/2 Cup Pecans, chopped {toasted, if you like that kinda thing}

Whip butter in medium size bowl. Add remaining ingredients, except nuts, and stir. Add nuts & combine. Serve with sweet potatoes. Yum!


4 comments:

  1. A few years back I was converted to sweet potatoes by a little BBQ jooint in New York called the Dinosaur. Never had I enjoed such a mix of tuber, sugar, and love. well move over DArk night, and iron man 2 because this sequel is the real deal. so good. My (Hero)wife saves my life daily with her super cooking! this maple butter could easliy be her supper power. it would disable ANYONE with its deliciousness. New favorite request for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge fan of yams/sweet potatoes (and the Dinosaur in Rochester, NY). This looks like dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so lucky to be having a professional chef come and stay with me for 3 weeks. I want this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! I don't think I've ever had anything like this. I love sweet potatoes. This might even make a good "fry sauce" for sweet potato fries...

    ReplyDelete