Search McConkie Menu

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Brown Sugar Bacon

I made this bacon on Christmas morning, and my husband was in breakfast bliss. Even better, it is ridiculously easy and doesn't make your entire house reek of grease for the next 20 hours! I really like cooking bacon this way actually. You can cook it in the oven without the sugar and it makes it perfect for crumbling. Enjoy this fun and tasty variation!


Brown Sugar Bacon

1 Package Thick Cut Bacon
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
Fresh Cracked Black Pepper

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a large jelly roll pan with foil {trust me, you will want to do this step. Don't skip it!!} and place a cookie cooling rack on top of pan. Line bacon across cooling rack. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly on bacon. Spread fresh cracked pepper on next... don't be shy. It adds great flavor! Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until bacon starts to look crisp {Watch closely at this point}. Carefully remove from oven... you really don't want any of that grease falling on your pant leg!

*Before bacon has been cooked*

{Eat while warm and hear yourself getting delightfully pudgy}


5 comments:

  1. I love that you can cook this in the oven! I saw mom make it & I think my kids really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A jelly roll pan is just your normal, shallow baking sheet.

    Here's a pic: http://remodelista.com/img/sub/uimg/julie/05-2010/jelly%20roll%20pan%20stainless.jpg

    ReplyDelete