Search McConkie Menu

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Peanut Butter Blossoms



I know you have all probably made these a hundred times but I made them on Sunday and realized we didn't have a recipe on our blog for them so I was going to add one.  I have seen many variations to this recipe.  This one comes from the Hershey's Baking Calendar they put out for 2010.

Peanut Butter Blossoms

1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Hershey Kisses

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Beat shortening and peanut butter until well blended.  Add sugars and beat until fluffy.  Add egg, milk and vanilla.  Beat well.  Stir together the flour, baking soda and salt and then gradually beat into the peanut butter mixture.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls.  If you desire you can then roll them in white sugar (I opt not to do this part).  Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.  Immediately press Hershey Kiss into center of each cookie.  The cookie will crack a bit around the edges.

Cool  and enjoy.

*Now, this recipe says it will make approximately 48 cookies.  I find this to be a huge exaggeration.  I doubled the recipe and got 60 cookies total...and my cookies were the same size as the ones the calendar advertises.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you posted this... I have a version that I am going to post too, but it makes more sense if the original was here first! :) I like these... and I also find that the yield amount is WAY off!!

    ReplyDelete