Search McConkie Menu

Friday, March 18, 2011

White Chocolate Covered Popcorn

I go this recipe from my friend Liberty. When we first moved to Chicago, we had a recipe exchange night with the youth from our church.... the girls brought some funny stuff {fried cheerios anyone?}, and the leaders brought some recipes that I have made over and over again! This one is a delicious snack that gets kind of addictive. I figure there are nuts in there so @ least it has some protein... so its totally good for you, right?!


White Chocolate Covered Popcorn

2-3 Bags of Lightly Buttered Popcorn
1 Cup Almonds
1-2 Cups Peanut M&M's
White Chocolate Chips or Vanilla Bark (to taste)

Pop the popcorn and carefully try to remove any kernels that didn't pop. I usually spread the cooked popcorn on a clean Tea Towel and sift through it. Place popcorn in a large bowl. Pour M&M's and almonds over popcorn. Melt your chocolate either in a double boiler, or in the microwave in small intervals, making sure to stir after each 30 second interval.

When chocolate is melted and smooth, pour over popcorn and gently stir.  Wait for chocolate to harden before diving in.

This is also a great treat to package up and take to a friend. Easy and delicious!

3 comments:

  1. You just combined 4 of my favorite things! Almonds (favorite nut besides macadamia nuts which are really more like candy then nuts), chocolate (YES PLEASE!) Peanut butter M&M's (My favorite bite sized candy EVER!), and popcorn! (really...who doesn't love buttery goodness?!) So yeah...I'm totally coming over to your house later :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this popcorn!!! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm not a huge fan of white chocolate, but i've had something similar and I loved it. We'll have to try this when we get home...or maybe we can stop in Chicago again! :)

    ReplyDelete