Search McConkie Menu

Friday, August 19, 2011

Spicy Ginger Chicken Lettuce Wraps

I have been terrible about taking pictures lately, but decided I just needed to post these recipes anyway. This is Annalisa's recipe that we have been making for years and I have wondered for some time why it never made it's way to the blog. They are super fast to make and amazing!

15 min prep time
15 min cook time
yields 4 main dish servings

3 TBsp soy sauce
1 TBsp grated, fresh ginger (can substitute for ground)
1 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp crushed red (cayenne) pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1 lb chopped up chicken (approximately 3 small chicken breasts)
2 medium stalks celery, chopped
1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
8 - 12 large boston lettuce leaves or iceberg

1- In a cup combine soy sauce, ginger, sugar, pepper, and garlic. Set aside.
2 - Heat nonstick 10 inch skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add hicken and cook4-5 minutes or until no longer pink.
3 - Add celery to chicken in skillet and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water chestnuts and soy sauce mxture. Cook 1 minute to blend flavors. Stir in peanuts.
4 - Divide chicken mixture among lettuce leaves, fold leaves over and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I loved these and even forgot to use the special sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Maybe I can get Annalisa to make them for us when she comes to visit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why I never posted these! Weird! I got this recipe from my sister in law, Liz, & have made it many many times. It's delicious!

    ReplyDelete