Search McConkie Menu

Monday, September 19, 2011

Halloween Slime/Gak

I found this recipe on "Pinching Your Pennies". A site I frequent. I have not made it yet, but think the kids would LOVE it! Amazon had a gallon of Elmer's glue for $7 shipped Great deal, but the price may have jumped back up already. You can also buy a 4 lb box of Borax at Kmart for $2.50.


2 cups elmer's glue
1 1/2 cup warm water
1 1/3cup warm water
2 tsp borax
Food coloring of your choice


In one bowl combine 2 C of your glue along with 1.5 C of warm water and food coloring of your choice. In another bowl combine 1 1/3 C warm water with 2 teaspoons of Borax. Then you just mix the contents of the two bowls together. Mix well. You will have leftover liquid. just dump it and voila! Slime!

2 comments:

  1. We made this with kids as an education activity when I worked for the College of Engineering. It was always a HUGE hit and good for both girls and boys. I thought it was pretty cool too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my kids love this, however... don't let it get near any carpet or fabric furniture, it will stain and it's not so easy to get cleaned up after it dries :(

    ReplyDelete