Search McConkie Menu

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Our Favorite Cornbread

Mom gave me this recipe last year and we all love it! I have to search for it in my email every time I want to make it, so I figured I would type it up and put it on the blog so its easier to find next time! And what else do I have to do during a pandemic?!?

My kids LOVE this recipe and could easily eat an entire 9x13 pan in one sitting if I let them. We had it tonight with chili, but its a great side to lots of dishes.


Our Favorite Cornbread

1 Cup Cornmeal
3 Cups Flour, all purpose
1 Cup Sugar
2 TBSP Baking Powder
1 Tsp. Salt
2/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/3 Cup Butter, melted & slightly cooled
2 TBSP Honey
4 Eggs, lightly beaten
2 1/2 Cups Whole Milk


Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.

Mix the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl,

Pour the vegetable oil, butter, honey, beaten eggs, and milk into the dry mixture and stir to combine, until just moistened.

Pour the batter into the prepared dish and bake for about 35-45 minutes. I start checking it around the 35 minute mark. You want it to be golden and have little cracks form on the top.

Remove from oven, serve warm! Delicious with honey and butter.


No comments:

Post a Comment