Search McConkie Menu

Friday, November 7, 2008

Black Bottom Cupcakes

I wanted to post something that I had a picture of, and since I made these last week I know where the picture is and it was easy to find. I promise, my posts won't always be desserts... :)

But for this first time, why not start on a nice and sugary note? 

BLACK BOTTOM CUPCAKES:
1 8oz. package cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup white sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 TBSP. cider vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper cups or non-stick cooking spray.

In a medium size bowl, beat cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar, & 1/8 tsp. salt until light and fluffy. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.

In a larger bowl, mix together the flour, 1 cup sugar, cocoa, baking soda & 1/2 tsp. salt. Make a well in the center of mixture and add in the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla ( I put these together in a small bowl instead of adding them individually). Stir together until well blended. Fill muffin tins 1/3 full with the batter and top with a dollop of cream cheese mixture. 

( I thought 1/3 batter seemed like so little, so I did 1/2. Problem:  then I couldn't put a good size dollop of cream cheese mixture. I would stick with the 1/3 full rule to get more creamy goodness in each little cake!)

Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.

Should yield 24 cupcakes!
Yum, yum, yum. 

ENJOY! 

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Sounds so yummy! I made yellow cake cupcakes with chocolate frosting the other day. They taste pretty good, but were crumbly. I read that over-baking them can make them crumble :( I'll have to try again with this recipe! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made these for a joint birthday dinner at the beginning of february-everyone loved them and they turned out great! I also made some in my silicone heart-shaped cupcake cups for the primary kids for Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete