Search McConkie Menu

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Aunt Martha's Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe is one of my favorite cookie recipes. Not only are the cookies delicious but it is the best cookie dough I've ever tasted! Yum!!

1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 cube (1/2 cup) margarine or butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Cream the above ingredients VERY VERY VERY well. Leave your mixer on and scrape the sides occasionally and just let it mix and mix. Approximately 5-6 minutes!

Mix together in a separate bowl and then combine with the creamed mixture:
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup oatmeal (you can grind it up in a blender first if you don't like the consistency)
2 cups flour
Chocolate Chips & Nuts as desired

Bake at 350 degrees for 11-13 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Don't eat the dough Alison... You were the one who told me about Salmonella when I was like 5 and terrified me into thinking it would kill me. To this day I cannot eat raw dough. That, and I have a severe dislike for eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these last night. I added butterscotch and chocolate chips. They were really good, but I think 13 minutes made ours a bit too crunchy. Next time I will know better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always cook mine on the lesser side of the reccommendations. I love chewey cookies.

    ReplyDelete