(Before they are cooked)
Chocolate Caramel Cookies, Oh My!
1 Cup Butter, softened
1 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 3/4 Cups Flour
3/4 Cup Cocoa
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 Bag Chewy Caramels (I've used Rolo's as well)
1/4 Cup Toffee Chips, or chopped toffee candy bar
1 TBSP Turbinado Sugar (can substitute with White Sugar but Turbinado is really pretty)
1. In medium mixing bowl beat together butter & sugars (not including turbinado sugar) until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
2. In a separate bowl, mix flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture a little bit at a time & blend well. Cover and chill in fridge for @ least 30 minutes. It will be easier to roll if its in the fridge for an hour or 2.
3. When dough is chilled, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place toffee and turbinado sugar in separate small bowls.
4. Wrap chilled dough around caramel, forming 1 inch balls and making sure caramel is completely covered. Dip ball in toffee and then sugar & then place on parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for 7-10 minutes. Cookies will look soft but do not over bake them. Cool on wire racks. BE CAREFUL when you transfer them. If they are too hot the caramel may fall out of the bottom of the cookie!