Search McConkie Menu

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Creamy Tomato Soup

I'm not usually a big tomato soup fan, but Maggie made this for us last Fall and I just loved it! Its perfect paired with a grilled cheese sandwich, quesadilla, or just some good crusty bread. This particular meal was lunch so I had sour dough bread with it...YUM! This aint the tomato soup our parents grew up on folks... No Campbell's Condensed here!

Creamy Tomato Soup:

1/2 Red Onion, diced
2 Cloves Garlic, minced (I always just crush them)
1 Can Diced Tomatoes 
2 Cans Chicken Broth
1 Small Can Tomato Sauce (8 oz.)
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley 
(I rarely buy fresh parsley...Half always goes to waste! Dried is just as good to me.)
Fresh Parmesan Cheese

Saute onions & garlic. Add broth, tomatoes, and sauce. Boil and add cream. Simmer for 15 minutes. Top with cheese and parsley. Eat it up.

**You can saute the onions & garlic however you like, but I just put a drizzle of olive oil in the pan. I also ALWAYS double this one because I love to freeze half of it. I will just pull it out in the morning and by dinner time its ready to be reheated on the stove. Delicious! It can also be vegetarian if you use veggie broth.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, how tomatoey does this taste? I've never liked tomato soup but you make this sound so good. :)

    ReplyDelete