Search McConkie Menu

Monday, April 6, 2009

Twice Baked Potatoes

6-8 large Potatoes
Several cups of Cheddar Cheese
1/3 cup Green Onion
1 cup Sour Cream
Salt & Pepper to taste

I bake good sized potatoes the night before I need them. I rub a light layer of shortening on them and poke a couple of holes with a fork. I bake them for at least an hour or until they would normally be ready to eat. Don't under cook. When they are completely cool I take a sharp or serrated knife and cut the top off but not the entire top. It would look like an oval taken from the top. Then I take a good spoon (my grapefruit spoon works best) and I scoop out the entire potato and put it into a mixing bowl. This is the part that takes some time. Then when everything is scooped out and the shells are left I mix the grated cheese, green onion, salt, pepper and sour cream together with the potatoes. If it is too firm I add a little milk. You don't want to whip it to death because it changes the consistency. Add the mixture back into the potato shells and sprinkle a shake of paprika on the top and bake on a cookie sheet for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees.

2 comments:

  1. I almost made these yesterday but couldn't find the recipe! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This version sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete