Search McConkie Menu

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Coconut Syrup

This is the coconut syrup I talked about in the Buttermilk Waffle post. I've made a few different kinds of coconut syrup over the years, but this is by far my favorite. I'm sure its all the butter and buttermilk that really make this recipe delicious. I'm not even a huge coconut fan, but we really like this stuff around our house... its probably a good thing I don't make breakfast more often!

Coconut Syrup

1/2 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup Buttermilk
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Coconut Extract

Put Butter, sugar and buttermilk in saucepan and turn heat to medium-high. Stir until butter has melted and sugar dissolved. Bring to a boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add baking soda and extract. It will start to fizz but you just need to keep stirring it until it reduces. Eat with waffles, pancakes, french toast, or whatever else you enjoy with syrup. I think its our new favorite.

3 comments:

  1. We'll have to try this next time we make a big breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had this at mom's house on Saturday morning and it was DELICIOUS!! Wyatt kept saying how much he loved it too and told Grandma he really wanted the recipe! YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off to make this right now! Had to log into the blog to get the recipe. :) Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete