Search McConkie Menu

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Honey Cashew Green Beans

This recipe comes from a cookbook I got from my mother-in-law. We make these beans all the time and love them. Its a great way to jazz up your basic green beans.

Honey Cashew Green Beans

1 Lb. Green Beans
3 TBSP Butter
1/2 Cup Salted Cashews, chopped
2 TBSP Honey

Steam beans until tender, drain, and set aside. In small skillet, melt butter. Add cashews and cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Add honey and cook an additional minute longer, stirring continually. Pour sauce over steamed beans and toss until coated. Eat immediately. 

4 comments:

  1. These look great! I'm so making these for Sunday dinner this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just bought green beans on Thursday to make this. Is this recipe from the "Favorites" cookbook? That's the one I use, I can't remember if it's the exact same, but it basically is. These are so good!

    ReplyDelete