Search McConkie Menu

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Poppy Seed Salad Dressing

This is one of my favorite salad dressings! Its so simple and tasty... I think Greg would have eaten with a spoon if I let him. You can really do any combo for the actual salad, but I would stay away from iceberg lettuce. The salad I did had: Romaine, Spinach, Purple Onion, Craisins, Toffee/Candied Almonds, Pears, Mozzarella Cheese, & Bacon Crumbles. It would also be great with some grilled chicken and made as a meal itself.  I also halved the original recipe and I filled up one cruet with what was made... this one make s a lot! Sorry, no picture this time... I'm sure you can imagine what it looked like! :)

Poppy Seed Salad Dressing

1 1/2 Cups Sugar
2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Dry Mustard
2/3 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
3 TBSP Vidalia Onion, chopped
2 Cups Canola Oil
3 TBSP Poppy Seeds


Combine all ingredients (except Poppy Seeds) into a blender and blend on high for a few minutes, or until mixture looks fairly smooth. Stir in poppy seeds and pour into container. Refrigerate until ready to use. Delicious!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE poppy seed dressing too! I was actually going to make some tomorrow. This is the same recipe I use so I can vouch that it is delicious. I think I eat more dressing than lettuce in my salad! Your mixture of salad ingredients also sounds really good!

    I just got an email that you posted this today, but on the blog it is under Wednesday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I typed it on Wed. and was going to post a picture, but didn't take one so I just went ahead and posted it today... but it still had wed.'s date on it! :)

    ReplyDelete