Search McConkie Menu

Friday, September 18, 2009

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

Another way to use up some of that Summer/Fall zucchini. These things are super tasty... in fact, they taste more like a cupcake then a zucchini filled muffin. I used some of my shredded zucchini that I had frozen... worked great!

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Cocoa
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon
3/4 Cup Butter, softened
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup Honey
3 Eggs
2 Cups Zucchini, grated
1 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips, separated
1/3 Cup Raw Sugar (turbinado works well)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners. In a medium size bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and vanilla. Slowly add in the honey and continue to mix until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. By hand, fold in the zucchini and 2/3 of the chocolate chips. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full, and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on the top of each muffin. Bake for 21-23 minutes, until firm. After about 15 minutes of baking time, sprinkle raw sugar on each muffin top and continue to cook for remainder of time.

I think they are best slightly warm, but they are also good cool.

2 comments:

  1. These look heavenly! I have zucchini in my fridge right now. Perhaps I'll have to try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were great, I mistakenly left out the chocolate chips you were supposed to sprinkle on top before baking. I need to try them again because I'm sure that adds a lot :). My kids ate them-very tricky of me I thought.

    ReplyDelete