Search McConkie Menu

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Zucchini Poppers


Pretty soon (hopefully) I will be growing some zucchini! Last year we had some awesome neighbors who would give us huge portions of zucchini, so I decided that I would try to grow some this time around. One of the things I did last year with my zuc's was experiment on different ways to eat it. This little side dish just evolved one night with what I had in my fridge. We ended up loving them, and I have made them many times since. So, when your zucchini starts taking over your garden, heres a new way to serve it. There are no real measurements, but I'm sure you can figure it out!

Zucchini Poppers

Fresh Zucchini
Butter or Olive Oil
Garlic Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper
Parmesan Cheese, grated

Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch sliced and lay flat on a foil covered baking sheet. You can dab them with a paper towel to absorb some of the moisture, but its not necessary. Put a small pat of butter (or brush olive oil) on each slice. Top with freshly ground pepper and garlic salt. Lastly, top with a pile of freshly grated parmesan cheese. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes. You want the zucchini to start to get soft, and the cheese to be completely melted.

5 comments:

  1. We do this a lot with zucchini but have never baked it. It is the only way to eat zucchini. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really LOVE some of these right now. Stinkin' hormones. These look delicious! I wish I could just 'come up' with recipes like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy. I know Richard will like these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We made these a few weeks ago. They were a nice fresh, yummy way to start off the summer, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made these again a few weeks ago for my family - they all loved it and Jenner said, "Wow! you actually made zucchini taste GOOD!"

    ReplyDelete