Search McConkie Menu

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Bars


This recipe comes from a book my friend Jen Purdy put together for me, of all her favorite recipes. It was an awesome wedding gift, I love it! She's a wonderful cook.

1 C shortening
¾ C sugar
¾ C brown sugar packed
2 eggs
1 t vanilla extract
2 ¼ C flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
2 C miniature marshmallows
1 C chocolate chips
(¾ C chopped nuts)

Cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in marshmallows, chips (and nuts, if desired).

Spread into greased 9" x 13" pan. Bake at 350° F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. these are SOOO YUMMY!!!! my family ate the whole pan in 2 days. i love the chewyness the marshmallows give it. yum. my new favorite treat recipe!! thanks!

    ReplyDelete