Search McConkie Menu

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Turkey Burgers


These tasty burgers are a healthier alternative to your basic ground beef burger. I have been substituting ground turkey breast in a lot of recipes, so I thought I might as well try this one out. The first time I made them we used the Pepperidge Farm Deli Flats sandwich slices, which I thought were perfect. In the picture below, you will see a pretzel bun, which although delicious on a regular ol' burger, didn't seem to fit quite right with the turkey burger. I'll stick with the Deli Flats next time. I also topped the burgers with some swiss cheese, but they are just fine without the added calories.


Turkey Burgers

1 Lb. Ground Turkey Breast
1 TBSP. Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 Cup Quick Cooking Oats
1 tsp. Lawry's Seasoning
1 Small Onion, finely diced {I used a little less}
1 Egg White

In large bowl, mix together all ingredients until well combined. Shape mixture into 4 patties, about 3/4 inch thick. Place patties on preheated grill & cook over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes, turning once.

Eat with your favorite toppings, and enjoy a burger with a little less guilt! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment