Search McConkie Menu

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Oreo Cookie Lollipops

These are great little holiday treats that you can dress up for various holidys. I prefer the crushed candy canes for christmas. They are awefully delicious!

Ingredients:

1 package double stuff oreo cookies
1 package white almond bark
crushed candy cane or sprinkles
wax paper
lollipop sticks
lollipop bags
ribbon (50 cents a roll at michaels)

Directions:

1. Take a double stuff oreo and carefully put the lollipop stick through the creamy middle. The cookie cracks easily so be careful. But the chocolate will seal it in if it does crack so don't worry. Only push the stick through halfway or the cookie will fall into the chocolate.

2. melt almond bark. White or chocolate (Western family almond bark works the best. I tried regular chips and it was too thick).

3. Dip the oreo in the chocolate. I find it works best to scoop the chocolate onto the upside down oreo and let the chocolate cover the cookie.

4. Sprinkle with any embellishment you want.

5. Lay on wax paper to dry.

6. Place lollipop in a bag and finish with a ribbon.

4 comments:

  1. Darling.....wish you could make 163 for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I love chocolate covered oreos but on a stick and wrapped? Even better. Can't wait to make these for Christmas. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea!! I'm going to make these for my daughters daycare friends for Christmas gifts. Thanks for sharing. I'd love a follow back @ http://myadventures-in-mommyland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete