Search McConkie Menu

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Carrots & Zucchini

This little side dish is so ridiculously easy that I don't even think I can really call it a recipe! But I do love this combination, so I wanted to share it here. We make this all the time because it is quick, tasty, and I almost always have these 2 veggies on hand. Love it!


Carrots & Zucchini

Olive Oil
Baby Carrots
Zucchini
Dill Weed
Fresh Parmesan Cheese, grated
Salt & Pepper


Boil the carrots so they are mostly soft {just a couple of minutes}. Meanwhile, wash and slice your zucchini. Heat a little bit of olive oil in a grill pan {or skillet} over medium heat. Add the zucchini & saute for a minute. Drain the carrots and add them to the zucchini and oil mixture. Cook until both veggies are done, but not too soft to enjoy!

Remove from heat and sprinkle dill and freshly grated parmesan on top. Add a small amount of salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!

*You don't want mushy zucchini, so make sure your carrots are well boiled {but not too mushy!!} before adding them. The carrot/zucchini mixture should only be in the pan together for about 5 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. Dude! I love that combination! This one is going in the books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum yum! I lvoe that combo as well and am always trying to figure out what to do with all my zucchini in the summer. Thanks!
    Sue (Marshall McConkie's wife)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good. We will try it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does look fabulous! I think I could make this and even if my kids didn't eat it I wouldn't have to feel so guilty about finishing it off myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum! we will have to try this when we get back.

    ReplyDelete