Search McConkie Menu

Friday, March 4, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

We made these yummy cookies a few weeks ago for a Valentine's Day treat. My friend had dropped some by for us and I loved them. So of course I needed the recipe. Ironically, after she emailed the recipe to me, I took one look at it and realized I already had the same exact recipe in my recipe book from my mother-in-law. I had never made them though so I didn't know how tasty they were! I have since made them and can tell you they are delightful! Also, you will want to use the wheat flour like the recipe calls for. They are just not the same when you use regular white flour.


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie's

1 Cup Butter, softened
1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1/2 Cup White Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/4 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
3 Cups Quick Cooking Oats
1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips (or M&M's)

Preheat oven to 325 Degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.

In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.

Combine the flour, baking soda and salt into a different bowl and then stir into the butter mixture until just blended. Mix in the oats and the chocolate chips.

Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to drop dough onto prepared sheets. Bake for 11-13 minutes. allow cookies to sit on sheet for a few minutes than transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.

3 comments:

  1. I should NOT have started following your blog! Every time I pop it open, all I read is "fat! fat! FAT! You're gonna be so fat! But you're gonna have fun getting that way!!!"

    Oh well... might as well give in to temptation! :) YUMMO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...these sound delicious right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to try these cookies and since I need to make something for a church activity it gave me the perfect opportunity. That way I can make a whole lot and then I have to give almost all of them away. Thanks for posting these. I felt like I was making something healthy. Although the first 3 ingredients reminded me that I wasn't. Yummy! My family gobbled up the ones I let them have. Very tasty and chewy. GOOD!

    ReplyDelete