Search McConkie Menu

Monday, February 28, 2011

Raspberry Chicken

I ended up with a lot of thawed chicken this week, so I needed to make a few chicken dishes quick! I was able to boil some of it up and freeze it, but luckily I also have a few recipes I have been meaning to share here anyway! Here is a really easy and tasty dinner option for you.

This one comes from one of my favorite cookbooks. I find great stuff in this book all the time, and even better, a portion of the proceeds go to the Utah Make-a-Wish Foundation. If I had an extra copy, I would give it to you, because I love it that much. If you don't own it,  you will have to trust me that its a great cook book to have on hand!


Raspberry Chicken

6 Chicken Breasts, boneless & skinless
1/2 Cup Raspberry Preserves
1/2 Cup Frozen Pineapple Juice Concentrate, thawed
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
2 TBSP Rice Wine Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp. Curry Powder
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 Cup Fresh Raspberries, mashed
Fresh Raspberries, for garnish

Place Chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Mix next 8 ingredients together and pour over chicken. Cover tightly and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours... I let mine go for about 18! You can do it overnight and use it the next day for dinner. So easy!

Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with fresh raspberries. Serve over white or wild rice.

**I've used frozen pineapple orange juice as well and I much prefer the plain pineapple concentrate.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm!!! Yes Please! Kevin would go crazy over this dish! Thanks for sharing... despite all your adventures this past week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I will have to make this soon. I bought the UT Make A Wish cookbook per your recommendation a few years ago. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love raspberry anything...even when there is no chocolate involved :)

    ReplyDelete