Search McConkie Menu

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Crack Brownies

So I found these brownies on a blog I recently stumbled upon. Let me just say, this girl is going to ruin all things skinny for me. Not that I am skinny {or anything remotely close!!}, but any hopes of being skinny in the future can just be thrown out the window when following her recipes. That said, you have been warmed.


She refers to these as Better Than Crack Brownies. 


Seeing as how I am not {nor have I ever been} a "junkie" {is that even an ok term to use? See. I have no idea!}, I don't know if her claims are true. So for me, & all my non illicit drug using friends, I like to just refer to them as "Crack Brownies." Because folks, lets face it, they have a few characteristics that could remind us of their not so legal friends:


1. Addiction
2. Difficulty Focusing
3. Withdrawal


Ok, thats probably all I know about drugs. Ask my husband if you really want to know more {**he informs me that chocolate and marijuana actually blah blah blah receptor blah blah blah in the brain blah blah blah linked closely blah.} 


Did you even want the recipe?? Hope all that drug talk hasn't scared you away...




Crack Brownies


1 Box Brownie mix, made according to package directions
1/2 Cup Salted Peanuts 
1 Cup Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
1 1/2 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 TBSP Butter
1 1/2 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
Mix brownies according to directions, and bake for 20-25 minutes in a 9 x 13 baking dish. 
Remove and top with peanuts and peanut butter cups. Bake for 4-6 minutes more.
While they are finishing baking, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Stir in cereal. 
Remove brownies from oven and evenly pour chocolate mixture over top.
Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.



**disclaimer: before you go thinking my husband has first hand knowledge of the subject, let me just inform you he's in medical school. I'm glad to know that all that money is paying to teach him interesting facts about marijuana.)

6 comments:

  1. that's weird, i never got an email when you posted this or the rice salad...i'll have to look into that.

    these sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm! I never got an email either. I'm bummed too because I save them in my email that way. Oh well, doesn't mean I can't try the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annalisa....you're commentary in this post "cracked" me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely wrong!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont get me wrong, when i made these- they were delicious. however we decided bite size squares would be better, so you can go back again, a few minutes later again and again without feeling terribly guilty. thanks for being my inspiration to cooking deliciousness'.
    oh and cran. ive done some homework on greg. He may "say" he only knows about crack due to his current situation in school yaddayada... just sayin. ;) jk cant wait to see you this sum sum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I have to say that I have so much fun reading your blog entries! I should just send you all of my recipes and pictures so you can make them masterpieces! :)

    ReplyDelete