Search McConkie Menu

Thursday, July 7, 2011

My New Favorite Salad+Dressing

I am addicted to this stuff. I have made it so many times recently, it is starting to get a bit ridiculous. I don't know about you, but summertime doesn't make me want to roast a chicken and bake some winter vegetables {that's a total lie though cuz I did both of those things a few weeks ago!!}. But salads... and fruit... and popsicles. That's what I really want to eat all summer long.

That's why when I had this recipe at a baby shower back in May, I HAD to have the recipe. In fact, I have had the salad a number of times over the last few years, but I had never asked for the recipe. What was I thinking??

You can really do any combination you want for the salad itself, but I will tell you what I put in mine. Its Devine, just trust me on this one.

Sesame Seed Salad Dressing

1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/4 Cup White Wine Vinegar
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 tsp. Paprika
1/4-1/2 Cup Sugar
2 TBSP. Toasted Sesame Seeds

Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake it up! Refrigerate until ready to use!

The Salad Combo:
Spinach
Blackberries
Sliced Nectaries
Sliced Almonds
Thinly Sliced Purple Onion
Green Apple Chunks
Shaved or Grated Parmesan Cheese

& I occasionally add bacon pieces and craisins.
DELISH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment